Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten 8/8/08

Morgan began her schooling career on Friday, 08/08/2008. We think that's a pretty cool and memorable date!

She was a little nervous but mostly excited, especially after we were able to meet her Kindergarten teacher. Her first day she said she "played" the whole time and her highlight was that her Dad picked her up from school and they went on a Daddy-Daughter date. When she got home, I was on the phone briefly and she stood in the kitchen waiting for me. The minute I hung up, I turned to her and she ran and jumped into my arms and said, "I loved it"! Well, can't ask for any better than that!

Mom was a little sad and shed a few tears, but I think this will be a great experience for Morgy and she will be an outstanding little Kindergartener! Her Grandma Dowse is excited, too, since she is a pro teacher and way into Kindergarten!


Here's to a great year, Morgan!

2 comments:

The Hansen Bunch said...

Hey Cris! I ran into "little" Rich and he gave me all of your info! Your family is absolutely darling! It's definitely time to catch up! Call me!
Mindee...I just started blogging. Can't say I'm any good...but sure having fun!

Melissa said...

Yay for Morgan! I too shed some tears. But I hope she has a fantastic year!!! Love your new blog background - you must have found something you like (or at least can live with ;)