Monday, August 25, 2008

Tornado in our little town!


This is the tornado that hit our town last night about 5 p.m. We were in the house enjoying a Sunday evening when, while talking to my friend, she told me that they could see a twister! We got off the phone and ran outside and there it was. We estimate that it was 2-3 miles from our home. It was almost surreal seeing it because we’ve never seen one in person, only on TV. I have to say it was pretty spectacular/scary. Once we determined that we weren’t in any immediate danger, we brought out the girls and the video camera. From what I understand, it didn’t cause any significant damage and thankfully I didn’t hear of anyone getting hurt.

This is a picture that our friends, the Telford's took. It was about half mile to a mile from their home. Anyway, it made national news. Check out the video clip from CNN below.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/weather/2008/08/24/vo.co.tornado.kusa


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Holy cow! That is crazy scary! I thought about all my Castle Rock/Parker/SE Aurora friends that day. Some close calls indeed! Glad you are all OK.

swtelford said...

cute new background!! Love the new entries :)

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

That is an amazing picture! Your girls are so cute, and getting sooo big!

The Easton Family said...

I vaguely remember you mentioning you had a blog to me once! I'm so happy to find it! I'm making ours private to uninvited viewers in the near future, so please send me your e-mail address (jeanniesbloginfo@yahoo.com) and I'll get you an invite so you can keep viewing! :) Miss you guys, wish we were all better at doing things together more often...!