Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Best SURPRISE Ever!

On a Thursday afternoon, September 18, my doorbell rang. I could not believe my eyes when I opened the door and saw my three sisters from Utah, Julie, Amy and Catherine standing there. Can you imagine? It was sooo amazing. I actually started crying. It makes me cry even now when I think about it. Wade said he was going to work from home that morning and I loved it, of course, but he wasn’t working all that much. Instead, he was cleaning up here and there. He helps often so I didn’t think too much of it except that maybe he was tired of living in a messy house. However, when Morgan was playing in her room and he went in there to pick up her toys while she was still playing, I went in and asked him what was going on? He said, “Can’t I just show you I love you without there having to be something going on?” I was willing to accept that graciously and let it go. Then he went to work (I thought). I got Morgan off to school and almost cleaned up the counters really nicely just so the house would be completely perfect. But, I didn’t…wish I had though. So, the doorbell rang and I answered it and about died. I looked at all of them and knew who they were, I just couldn’t really register in my brain that they were here at my doorstep! It took me just a minute…then it all hit and I cried and they cried!

We had a great time. On Thursday, we visited and relaxed and Julie made us cinnamon rolls. They are the absolute BEST! We (Julie) made meatloaf for dinner (yes, she was working like a dog, like normal) and we had a great dinner and then watched a chick flick that night. Then Friday we couldn’t go anywhere because we didn’t have enough car space to drive anywhere. So, we piled illegally into the car and headed down near Target area for lunch at Panera Bread. We enjoyed that and then came home and ordered pizza for dinner and watched another chick flick. We got ready for bed and I heard talking and thought I could not miss this, so I headed into Amy and Catherine’s bedroom about 1:00 a.m. We talked until 2 a.m. and then I went to bed and I heard that they stayed up another hour! We were crazy!!! Saturday we had to serve at our community fair so Wade, Morgan and I left in the morning, but in the afternoon the girls and babies went up to 16th street mall and shopped around (above picture). Then we ate at Cheesecake factory that night. Then we watched another chick flick. Poor Wade, that was a lot of estrogen and chick flickage going on, but he was a great sport, as always! Then on Sunday we went to church, had a nice roast beef dinner and then spent the afternoon getting them ready for their flight and visiting.

I felt so grateful and thankful that they would come and see ME! Little ol’ me! It was so amazing. I had to keep pinching myself.

Here are some pics of our fun time!
Three babies in the backseat! They were so cute! As you can see, Jenna was not as impressed as the rest of us. We had to take two cars everywhere since we couldn't fit into one. But on this occasion, we hopped illegally into one car with four of us in the front seat and the babes in the backseat. At least you know where our priorities are...our children are legal and safe.


Baby Jenna couldn't take the shopping anymore and fell asleep in Aunt Julie's arms! Isn't she a Doll!?

Eating at the Cheesecake Factory was yummy. It's always nice to go out to dinner and for the girls, it was extra special because they don't get to go there often and they were craving it! Julie and I weren't prepared for the double flash so we're not looking too awake!
Catherine and Amy are beautiful ladies! Check out those hot blonde Momma's!

Julie and Quinn (9 mos). He's such a happy baby and so mild and sweet to have around.

Julie and Quinn, Me and Macy. It's so fun to have babies together and so close to the same age. For two weeks last November, Julie, Amy and I were all pregnant at the same time...a dream of our sweet mother was fulfilled!

Catherine snuggling Macy! What a great aunt! She's prepping those arms for her own girl to come someday!A face I couldn't resist posting! She thinks it's so funny to wrinkle up her face and nose and give several little snorts in a row! I caught it and thought it was hilarious! Of course, I like to think that she's just advanced and has learned how to blow her nose already. Unfortunately, she hasn't learned it's usually more polite to do that in conjunction with a tissue!
I wish we had taken more pictures. But, I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. Thanks my sisters! I love you!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome surprise. Looks like a fun time.

Robbie and Barb's Family said...

What a wonderful surprise. I almost cried being so excited for you when I read the post! How fun to have so many babies in a row. I love that picture in the car! And Macy is getting so big. What an adorable little cherub!

haley said...

how fun! i was jealous when katherine said they were all headed out there. i was ready to stole away in the trunk... but i doubt there would have been enough room when you have to pack for 3 women and 2 babies. looks like you had fun!

Melissa said...

Nice to see a post! And what a super fantastic surprise. That was so sneaky of them! I can imagine your surprise. You and your sisters are cute as can be! Glad your weekend was wonderful.

Unknown said...

We had an awesome time and are so blessed and happy that you were as happy about the surprise and having us there, as we were about being with you! You're the best sister and friend that anyone could ask for! You have a pretty awesome little family too! I love you and miss you sooooo much already! Thanks for posting this and the pictures--they bring it all back! Love you--Ju :)